Jan offers training in a wide variety of RMA matters including ‘cutting edge’ topics such as methodologies for evaluating the effectiveness of RMA plans.
- Second generation plan-making
- Plan outcome evaluation
- Ethics for planners
- Effective leadership for councillors on district plan development committees
- Negotiation analysis
- How to hold productive meetings
- Mediation and expert conferencing in the Environment Court
- Hearings management
- Effective presentation at hearings
She develops and delivers training workshops for the New Zealand Planning Institute’s Continuing Professional Development programme, local authorities, central government and private companies.
Jan was a subject matter expert and trainer in the Ministry for the Environment’s Making Good Decisions programme from 2005-2012 and a member of the editorial panel for the Ministry’s Quality Planning website from 2001-2010.